Thursday, October 14, 2010

I´m Blue Da Ba De Da Ba Dye

I´m blue; not in the sad way.  I´m not singing the blues.  I´m not an avatar (sadly... hopefully one day).  I am just plain old blue.  You see... the staff members of Taricaya convinced everyone that there was this amazing fruit that when spread all over your body made the bugs (even the annoying sand flies that leave circles of blood when they bite you) leave you alone for a week!  Why didn´t they tell us about this fruit earlier? we asked.  Why don´t we use it all the time? we asked. Why? why? why!? Every volunteer waited in anticipation for the moment that our beloved trickster Gigo gathered the fruit.  Last night was that night.  The staff set it up perfectly.  When Heather and I first got here Gigo even mentioned the fruit to us.  When Heather was on a walk with Yessi, Yessi showed them the magical fruit that bugs didn´t like.  How could we not trust them?  O Pas! (not sure if at all spelled right but O Pa means fool in spanish hehe).  Heather and I were talking in our room as the others headed to the lounge to hang out and chill at Dan¨s goodbye party.  We were both tired and just resting before we headed to the lounge.  We were content when our fellow American Zackarias (actually Zack, I just like calling him Zackarias) beckoned us to join them because they had the fruit!  We must get there and put it on!  Of course we had to try it.  We yearned for freedom of the tormenting bites we receive.  FREEEEDDDDOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!! (braveheart yell)  We got to the lounge and the staff were preparing the fruits nicely and without complaint.  That should have been our first sign or warning.... usually it´s every man for himself when it comes to things.  Trevor and Zack (both new about the prank because they have been volunteers here before) played along convincingly.  Trevor was mentioning how last time they waited until he was about to leave until they gave the magically fruit out and they were doing it again! Dang them he said with a laugh.  Heather and I were each given half a fruit with rubbing alcohol poured in it and a qtip.  Apply everywhere, we shall it rid of the bugs!  Everyone applied with glee.  Reyna, one of our cooks, applied it to my face.  She stroked my eyelids as if she was putting eye shadow on, put a v shape on my forehead, and a dot on each ear.  She left putting it on the rest of my body to me.  We had fun as we danced and chatted the night away when I noticed something peculiar... because were starting to look blue.  Apparently, we will be blue for about a week hehe. I´m not covered completely... that would be too hard with a qtip.  I just have awkwardly marked blue stripes all over my body and some smears where I smeared it with my hand.  My face also looks like I put really bad eyeshadow on and I´ve been beaten haha.  Heather and I have been getting strange looks wherever we walk in town.  Thank goodness for my buff to cover the giant V on my forehead and sunglasses to cover my beaten eyes.  As for the rest of my body... there was no concealing my blue zebra stripes.  Revenge is on my mind.   Trust me... THERE WILL BE REVENGE!!!;)

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA you would be blue. now pretend you are a real life avatar and go shout things in the woods! and i expect to hear about the epic revenge plan you have hatched.

    ReplyDelete